Sheep’s Milk Havarti Polenta Chips with Wild Plum Sauce
Indulge in the irresistible harmony of flavours of Jones Family Farm Creamy Havarti Polenta Chips accompanied by a delectable Wild Plum Sauce. This recipe marries the creamy allure of our sheep milk and Creamy Havarti with the rich texture of polenta. Jones Family Farm Products Used:1L Sheep Milk100g Creamy Havarti
- 1 L Sheep’s milk
- 250 g Polenta
- 100 g Jones Family Farm Creamy Havarti
- 1 pinch Salt
- 100 g Plum Sauce
- A small pot of Oil
- 2 Tbsp Rice Flour
- Bring milk to the boil.1 L Sheep’s milk, 100 g Jones Family Farm Creamy Havarti
- While this is happening grate the cheese.
- Add polenta to the milk and stir well. Continually stir as it has the tendency to catch or stick. Lower the heat and keep stirring until it thickens to a mash-like consistency and the polenta is cooked.250 g Polenta
- Add in the grated Havarti and mix well to form a smooth paste then pour into a lined dish and smooth the top with a knife or spatula.
- Allow 5 minutes on the bench for the polenta to cool slightly before placing it in the fridge for two hours minimum to set completely.
- 15 minutes before you are ready to cut and cook your polenta chips, turn on a small pot of oil and allow to heat to 170⁰cA small pot of Oil
- Remove the polenta mix from the fridge and tip out onto a chopping board.
- Cut into sticks, cover lightly with rice flour, then carefully place into the warmed oil and leave for around 2 minutes to fry. When cooked, they will rise to the top and be lovely and golden.2 Tbsp Rice Flour
- Carefully remove from the oil and drain on a paper towel before seasoning with salt.1 pinch Salt
- Serve with a bowl of plum sauce in the middle of the plate and the polenta chips spread around.100 g Plum Sauce