Sheep’s Milk Gouda, Sheep's Milk, and Potato Gratin
Our Sheep's Milk Gouda and Potato Gratin is a savoury delight that combines the full-bodied notes of Sheep's Milk Gouda with layers of tender potatoes. Baked to perfection, it's a creamy, cheesy, and comforting dish that's sure to please your taste buds.Jones Family Farm Products Used:100g Sheep Milk120g Classic Gouda
- 250 g Sheep’s Cream
- 100 g Sheep’s Milk
- 15 g Garlic crushed
- 10 g Salt
- 4 medium Potatoes approx 1.2kg in weight
- 120 g Jones Family Farm Classic Gouda
- Preheat the oven to 160⁰C.
- Bring cream and milk to a simmer, add the crushed garlic and mix well. Leave to infuse.250 g Sheep’s Cream, 100 g Sheep’s Milk, 15 g Garlic
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes into a bowl.4 medium Potatoes
- Grate the cheese into another bowl.120 g Jones Family Farm Classic Gouda
- Strain the infused liquid over the potatoes, add a pinch of salt, and mix well.10 g Salt
- Layer the potatoes into a heavy-based dish with a lid. Do two layers of potatoes before scattering some grated Gouda over the top.
- Continue this process until you finish both the potatoes and cheese, lightly pressing each layer down.
- Pour over any remaining liquid.
- Place the lid on and cook for 1 hour at 160⁰C.
- Remove Gratin from the oven. Check the potatoes are cooked - a knife should press through the gratin easily.
- Keeping the lid off, return the dish to the oven for a further 20 minutes to reduce the liquid and caramelise the top slightly.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Serve on its own or as a side dish.
**This dish can also be left to cool completely, then chilled. To reheat the gratin, you can cut it down into portions and heat them in the oven at 160⁰c until hot.