Fresh Sheep’s Milk Ricotta with Autumn Vegetables
Experience the essence of autumn with our Fresh Sheep’s Milk Ricotta accompanied by a medley of seasonal vegetables. This dish combines the lush creaminess of homemade ricotta with the robust flavours of broccoli, cauliflower, kale, and an assortment of pickled vegetables. Jones Family Farm Products Used:1L Sheep Milk
- 1000 g Sheep’s Milk
- 250 g Cream
- 75 g Lemon Juice
- 80 g Crème Fraiche or Sheep’s Milk Yoghurt
- 100 g Broccoli
- 100 g Cauliflower
- 30 g Kale
- 20 g Hempseed or Olive Oil
- 20 g Pickled Fennel
- 20 g Pickled Beetroot
- 20 g Pickled Leek
- 20 g Pickled Carrot
- Bring Milk and Cream to a simmer, add crème fraiche and lemon and stir a little until it starts to split.1000 g Sheep’s Milk, 250 g Cream, 80 g Crème Fraiche or Sheep’s Milk Yoghurt, 75 g Lemon Juice
- Turn off and cover, and allow to set up for 45-60 minutes.
- After this time, the curds should have set, so lightly hang them in a colander over a bowl with jay cloth to separate the curds and whey. Allow 60 minutes for this stage.
- While the ricotta is hanging, prepare the cauliflower and broccoli into smaller florets.100 g Broccoli, 100 g Cauliflower
- Roast with the kale in a 170⁰c preheated oven for around 15-20 minutes until it is just cooked.30 g Kale
- Drain pickles lightly on a paper towel.20 g Pickled Fennel, 20 g Pickled Beetroot, 20 g Pickled Leek, 20 g Pickled Carrot
- Season the hung ricotta to your taste with salt - it will be lovely and creamy.Salt
- Place a large spoon onto the base of the plate, then place on the roasted broccoli and cauliflower. Then add the pickled vegetables and roasted kale. Finish with a drizzle of hempseed or olive oil.20 g Hempseed or Olive Oil
- Enjoy this on its own or as part of a shared meal, dig deep to get all the textures, flavours and sensations of the ricotta and vegetables.