Dutch Baby Pancake
Discover a unique twist on Dutch pancakes with this recipe featuring the rich creaminess of sheep milk. These fluffy delights are delicious, savoury or sweet. The sheep milk adds a subtle sweetness and velvety texture, perfectly complemented by various toppings. They're a delicious taste of Dutch tradition with a creamy twist for a delightful breakfast or brunch.Jones Family Farm Products Used:250ml Sheep Milk60g Aged Cheddar (for a savoury pancake)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup sheep milk
- 1 cup flour
- A dash of salt
- Cooking oil for oiling the frypan
For a Sweet Topping
- A dash of cinnamon
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- sheep milk yoghurt and maple syrup to serve
For a Savoury Topping
- 1/4-1/2 cup grated sheep milk cheese we used our Aged Cheddar
- sweet chilli sauce to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C. Put cast iron frypan into oven to heat up.
- Mix 6 eggs with 1 cup of sheep milk, add in 1 cup of flour (I use gluten free) and mix.6 eggs, 1 cup sheep milk, 1 cup flour
- Add a dash of salt (and cinnamon if making a sweet pancake).A dash of salt, A dash of cinnamon
- Pour into well oiled hot fry pan.Cooking oil
- Add your chosen toppings on top of the batter.1 cup frozen blueberries, 1/4-1/2 cup grated sheep milk cheese
- It's ready in 10-15 minutes depending on depth of pan. It will pull away from edges of pan when ready.
- Slice into wedges and serve.sheep milk yoghurt and maple syrup, sweet chilli sauce
** You can also add some smoked fish and/or herbs such as rosemary, garlic, onion, etc. to a savoury Dutch pancake or any other fruit variety to a sweet Dutch pancake. These are also known as German pancakes.