Aged Sheep’s Cheddar and Chilli Pastry Twists
Indulge in the perfect blend of bold flavours with our Aged Sheep's Cheddar and Chilli Pastry Twists recipe. These delectable bites feature the rich notes of Jones Family Farm's Aged Cheddar complemented by a subtle kick of chili, all wrapped in flaky pastry for a mouthwatering savory treat.Jones Family Farm Products Used:120g Aged Cheddar
- 2 Sheets of Puff Pastry
- 120 g Jones Family Farm Aged Cheddar
- 1 Egg
- Sea Salt
- Chilli Powder
- Preheat oven to 180⁰C.
- Grate the cheese into a bowl.120 g Jones Family Farm Aged Cheddar
- In another bowl mix the egg to create an egg wash.1 Egg
- Use the egg wash on one side of a puff pastry sheet, then scatter the cheese over the pastry evenly.2 Sheets of Puff Pastry
- Place the next sheet of Puff Pastry on top and press in well. Eggwash this sheet also.
- Sprinkle salt and chilli powder over evenly and generously.Sea Salt, Chilli Powder
- Cut in half to create two rectangles, then cut each half into five strips.
- Pick one piece up, holding at each end, and turn one end two full times (720⁰) to create a twist, then place it on a baking tray.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes to cook.
- Check the twist, if they are not yet golden they may take another 2-3 minutes to become golden, cooked and cheesy.